Easy Carros is a fast growing VC backed and prize winner startup (Winner at GMIC Latin America competition, 2nd place at GMIC Worldwide 2016 at San Francisco, California).
In the beginning, I worked on the Angular.js and the Node.js projects to maintain it and add new features.
Then, I proposed and led the change of the whole company stack:
- I created the version 2 of the API using GraphQL instead of REST
- Added new API capabilities like OAuth support for third party access with detailed access management
- Added babel to use async/await and object rest spread syntaxes (no more callback hell!)
- All the code was refactored using best practices (better folder structure, design patterns, ...)
- Applied some functional programming concepts (mainly higher order functions and pure functions)
- Added ESLint and fixed all the 60,507 lint errors. We followed AirBnB rules strictly.
- The Angular projects are being replaced by a React version.
- Created the new mobile apps using React Native. Later, two other developers joined the team to help finishing it.
This was the challenge they asked developers to do so they could choose the one to hire. They chose me. I was in the last semester of under graduation, so I decided that it was better to finish it before taking a full time position at another city and didn't accept the invitation. Nubank is now worth ~R$1billion. #lostopportunity
Pagefy transforms Facebook Pages into websites. I helped creating the Dashboard where users could personalize their websites layout.
This was the first (and last) time I worked with Ruby on Rails.
This project was a hardware to measure home energy consumption and control the devices remotely. They had a working prototype, but the project was aborted due to lack of funding.
It was my first iOS app. I used PubNub for realtime updates. It was nice to learn the basics of Swift + iOS.
Which developer has never made a notes app, right?
I was a Windows Phone user and really missed a well designed notes app with a good user experience. Then, I decided to make an unofficial Google Keep client to fix it.
The project is still used by thousands of Windows 10 users weekly.
I created the Windows Phone app and the landing page. A friend made the android app and another one made the API.
It was a fun project because we challenged ourselves while doing it!
I was Chief Marketing Officer at the time. One of the things I made to help with the event advertising was to create a new website.
It was free and built it in one day... not because I'm fast, but because I procrastinated until the deadline. Please don't tell anyone.
People loved it because it was a much improved version compared to the previous one. The event sold out it's 200 slots.
This project is a minimalist music search service.
My main purpose with it was to practice Angular.js.
Software as a service to help Junior Enterprises. The project was not completed because we noticed the target audience wasn't interested in paying money, only in making partnerships to use the system.
Free project to create a new website for my junior enterprise. Created a Joomla template for the first time (and did not like it).
This was my first ever website sold as a freelancer. I was 15, the code is super horrible and the appearance is not that good, but it was ok back in the date (2009) and it was very (very) cheap.
Unbelievable that it's still active after 7+ years!